50 Courageous Survivor Stories Overcoming Abuse and Trauma to Inspire Change
An Inspiring Compilation Book. Volume 1
Financial Investment: $0
THE BOOK’S MISSION
Our mission is to provide a platform for survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and discrimination to share their stories in a safe and empowering space. We strive to create a compilation of stories to inspire, support, and connect individuals worldwide who have experienced such trauma to create a strong and supportive network of survivors. We will celebrate the strength and courage of all survivors and develop a community of support and understanding. We hope to show that there is light and hope at the end of the tunnel and that it is possible to survive and thrive.
The human spirit has incredible strength and the capacity to overcome the worst circumstances. Compiling accounts from survivors of sexual assault, discrimination, and domestic violence, this collection of inspirational stories offers an intimate glimpse into the lives of those who have endured unthinkable trauma and lived to tell their tales.
Through these stories, Honor Betrayed showcases survivors’ courage, determination, and creativity in the face of overwhelming odds. Gain valuable insight into the unique journey and collective struggles of those who have experienced abuse and discrimination and be inspired by the power, bravery, and resilience these survivors have shown in the face of such darkness.
Honor Betrayed is an essential reminder that no matter what difficulties life throws your way, there is always the hope and the strength to move forward. It is a must-read for anyone looking for guidance and encouragement never to give up.
Jakia Monee Lindley
Jakia Monee Lindley, Bestselling Author of War at Home, is a native of Canton, Ohio, and enlisted in the United States Air Force in 2010. Jakia holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Technical Management from American Military University, where she graduated cum laude.
She passionately serves in a variety of programs where she earned a certification in the Master Resiliency Program, Six-Sigma Green Belt, and Sexual Assault Victim Advocate. Additionally, she founded Moving Mountains Publishing, a literary publishing company devoted to giving voice to underrepresented groups.
Samantha Payne, a transformational life coach and the author of Tamar’s Voice, is a native of Paducah, KY. She attended Western Kentucky University and earned a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from the University of Evansville in Indiana as a magna cum laude graduate and her Master’s in Public Health from the American Military University.
Samantha is an energetic and powerful speaker who shares her story in hopes of encouraging survivors to not “suffer in silence”. She served as a Sexual Assault Vicitm Advocate for over 10 years and she makes positive change in her community as a member of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE A CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR
It is time to break for all of us to tell our stories together, expose the battle against abuse, and combat the culture of silence.
- Become a published author.
- Make a difference in people’s lives by sharing your story and experiences. By sharing your story and expertise, you will be making a difference to many.
- Your bio, photo, and website will be included to promote your platform and services.
- Book Sales:
- Contributing authors have the opportunity to order printed copies at wholesale + processing and shipping fees to sell them for a profit to your clients and at your events.
- Private Author Facebook Group:
- Contributing authors will be invited to a private author Facebook group. The closed group is an ideal platform for networking and growing your circle while building your business.
- Public Facebook Group:
- Contributing authors will be invited to the Moving Mountains public Facebook group page. This is a fantastic opportunity to be able to interact with hundreds, if not thousands of followers, to introduce yourself, and your services.
- Option to join the two live roundtables:
- The purpose of the roundtables is to share our insight into the publishing process. We will discuss the tools and techniques needed for any writer that wants to become a successfully published author.
- Learn how to use “the book as the hook” to grow your business, brand, and credibility. Being an author of a popular inspirational/self-help book can help fill your talks, development circles, and workshops.
- During the pre-launch and launch phases, each contributing author will have the option to host their own “Day to HOST” on our book’s public Facebook group page. This allows you to highlight your knowledge and experiences.
- You don’t have to be a great writer to have a great story! Our team will professionally edit your writing.
Each story submission should fall within one of the following categories.
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Harassment
- Domestic Violence
HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR
- Review the attached book guidelines to ensure your story falls within the scope of the book and you are able to meet the deadline dates. (Guidelines)
- Submit your submission form for review and approval. Please note the project is only open to 48 contributing authors, so do not wait too long to submit!
- Once approved, you will receive a publishing agreement for electronic signature along with the next steps.
You are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth.
And you never know who needs your light, your warmth, and raging courage.”
— Alex Elle